Equipped with a turbine, the PC-7 is a high-performance school aircraft. It is used for the airworthiness test (selection) and basic training at the pilot school. The A-908 is one of 12 aircraft that have not been upgraded by the Swiss Air Force to the NCPC-7 version. The aircraft was donated to the museum by the Swiss Air Force in 2009.
The first prototype, the result of a private initiative by the Stans aircraft factory, flew for the first time on April 12, 1966. It did not succeed in arousing the interest of potential buyers and it was only 12 years later that the first production aircraft took off. A low-winged steel construction, it is equipped with a 550 HP Pratt & Whitney turboprop engine. Student and instructor are seated in tandem, they enjoy perfect visibility under the one-piece canopy.
Thanks to its excellent flight performance and modern avionics, it is used not only for the basic training of our future military pilots, but also for their advanced aerobatic training, formation flight and instrument flight. More than 400 of them were built. Its commercial success leaves no doubt about its reliability, flying qualities and versatility in the field of military and civilian pilot training.
THE CLIN D’AILES MUSEUM
MILITARY AVIATION MUSEUM OF PAYERNE
BASE AÉRIENNE – 1530 PAYERNE VD
N 46°50’35” (46.84285) / E 6° 54’45” (6.91224)
DEPENDING ON THE COVID SITUATION
OPENING HOURS CAN CHANGE QUICKLY
AS INDICATED ON THE WELCOME PAGE
TÉL +0041 26 662 1533