The J-4078 aircraft on display at the Museum flew 2,609 hours.
Built in Dunsfold, the J-4078 arrived in Switzerland by air in 1959. In 1982, it was modified to be able to fire Maverick AGM-65B air-to-ground missiles. He made his last flight on 16 December 1994 in Payerne.
Offered to Fifth Squadron in 1995 by the Air Force, it was transported by truck to Arnex-sur-Orbe. Up and up, it was the pride of the inauguration of this first small museum on November 17, 1995 and was its centerpiece.
It was transported to Payerne in October 2002 and donated to the Foundation.