The J-1157 aircraft on display at the Museum flew 1,804 hours.
The J-1157 was built under license at Emmen and made its first flight on May 14, 1952. Purchased from the Air Force by Mr Alain Girardet, it remained on display for many years in the industrial area of Aigle. Offered to Fifth Squadron in 1998, it was transported to Payerne, then to Arnex-sur-Orbe where it was restored and inaugurated on June 24, 2000.
It was transported to Payerne in October 2002 and donated to the Foundation.